As teachers, Ms Wickes, Mrs, Eastick and Mrs. Vernon bring an abundance of experience and qualification to the studio. Mrs. Keenlyside, our administrator is our friendly and approachable go-to person with questions about anything studio related. Additionally, our pianists enchant our classes with their accompaniment.
I feel that PDC cares about my daughter as a person and not just a dancer. It’s a second family to us. I know that the lessons she learns in her classes and her hard work and commitment are really her best training for a successful life. – Sarah Chritchley, mother of former student
Owner, Artistic Director and Instructor
Leah Wickes, BFA (Dance), RTS, RAD, is the proud owner and Artistic Director of Pacific Dance Centre.
Leah brings an abundance of training and passion into her lesson planning, teaching and choreography and enjoys working with students of all ages!
Leah began her ballet training at PDC with Mrs. Eastick as her teacher, debuting as a baby bunny in her first recital. She is thrilled to return to PDC as the new owner and hopes to continue the wonderful reputation of excellence in ballet training that the studio is known for.
- Received Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies with the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) and is a Registered Teacher.
- Completed a ten-day teacher-training intensive at The American Ballet Theatre in New York (2012, Primary through Level 3)
- Graduated from Simon Fraser University with a BFA in Dance (2006)
- Successfully owned and operated Whitespace Dance studio in Victoria (2010-2016)
Maureen Eastick, BFA, ARAD is the founder, and former owner/Artistic Director of Pacific Dance Centre.
Maureen Eastick, BFA, ARAD is the founder, and former owner/Artistic Director of Pacific Dance Centre. Mrs. Eastick has had a distinguished career as a dance educator. Since Pacific Dance Centre opened its doors in 1978, she has trained countless dancers, many who have subsequently earned renowned professional careers as dance artists, teachers and choreographers throughout North America and Europe.
Mrs. Eastick has enjoyed many opportunities to share her passion for ballet. For fourteen years, she was a ballet pedagogue in the Dance Training Department at the Banff Centre for the Arts. Believing so strongly in the value of this program, she created the Maureen Eastick Dance Endowment, enabling many gifted young dancers to further their studies at that remarkable institution.
- Holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the University of Victoria
- Attained Life Member status with the Royal Academy of Dance
- Guest teacher throughout Canada and adjudicator at local and provincial festivals.
- Awarded the Dance Victoria Chrystal Award in recognition of a lifetime of contributing to the dance community
Instructor & Costuming
Mrs. Vernon brings a wealth of experience to her role as one of the Junior School instructors at Pacific Dance Centre.
- Owner of Gossamer costume and design company
- Over 50 years experience instructing ballet and faculty member at PDC for 25 years
- Served as a board member and president of Victoria Danceworks, Performing Arts BC and Royal & McPherson Theatres Society.