Owner, Artistic Director and Instructor
Leah Wickes, BFA (Dance), RTS, RAD, is the proud owner and Artistic Director of Pacific Dance Centre.
Leah brings an abundance of training and passion into her lesson planning, teaching and choreography and enjoys working with students of all ages!
Leah began her ballet training at PDC with Mrs. Eastick as her teacher, debuting as a baby bunny in her first recital. She is thrilled to return to PDC as the new owner and hopes to continue the wonderful reputation of excellence in ballet training that the studio is known for.
- Received Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies with the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) and is a Registered Teacher.
- Completed a ten-day teacher-training intensive at The American Ballet Theatre in New York (2012, Primary through Level 3)
- Graduated from Simon Fraser University with a BFA in Dance (2006)
- Successfully owned and operated Whitespace Dance studio in Victoria (2010-2016)
Performanace Classes, Instructor
For the past 20 years, Miyouki has taught students ranging from as young as 2 to 85 years of age and has an abundance of experience teaching, adjudicating, program planning, and exam preparations. Ms. Jego is excited to join the team at Pacific Dance Centre to continue sharing her love of the art of performing dance!
- Studied at the Edmonton School of Ballet where she trained in the professional program studying musical theatre, jazz, modern, tap, character dance, choreography with the main focus being in both RAD and Cecchetti methods of ballet.
- Trained with the Cecchetti Dance Theatre
- Studied at University of Alberta to gain her degree in Nutritional sciences.
- Currently practices nutrition as a Registered Holistic Nutritionist to her students in Vancouver and Vancouver Island.
Candace is a performer and educator based in Victoria, BC. As a professional dancer, she has worked for companies such as Decidedly Jazz Danceworks, Disney Cruise Line, and Netflix, where she was able to gain experience in many different approaches to contemporary and commercial dance. Currently, Candace is an active dancer in the contemporary community and is a member of the dance company Broken Rhythms. In her classrooms, Candace emphasizes creating a welcoming and inclusive environment. By blending her passions for functional strength, artistic freedom, and movement, Candace is able to create a fun and collaborative atmosphere.
International Sports Sciences Association Personal Trainer & Youth Education Specialist (2020)
Cast Supervisor & Touring Dancer with Disney Cruise Line (2018-2020)
Completed the Emerging Leaders Leadership Training Certificate Program (Disney Cruise Line, 2019)
Trained at the highly acclaimed Decidedly Jazz Danceworks & Toronto School Of Circus Arts (2017-2020)