Owner, Artistic Director and Instructor
Leah Wickes, BFA (Dance), RTS, RAD, is the proud owner and Artistic Director of Pacific Dance Centre.
Leah brings an abundance of training and passion into her lesson planning, teaching and choreography and enjoys working with students of all ages!
Leah began her ballet training at PDC with Mrs. Eastick as her teacher, debuting as a baby bunny in her first recital. She is thrilled to return to PDC as the new owner and hopes to continue the wonderful reputation of excellence in ballet training that the studio is known for.
- Received Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies with the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) and is a Registered Teacher.
- Completed a ten-day teacher-training intensive at The American Ballet Theatre in New York (2012, Primary through Level 3)
- Graduated from Simon Fraser University with a BFA in Dance (2006)
- Successfully owned and operated Whitespace Dance studio in Victoria (2010-2016)
Maureen Eastick, BFA, ARAD is the founder, and former owner/Artistic Director of Pacific Dance Centre.
Maureen Eastick, BFA, ARAD is the founder, and former owner/Artistic Director of Pacific Dance Centre. Mrs. Eastick has had a distinguished career as a dance educator. Since Pacific Dance Centre opened its doors in 1978, she has trained countless dancers, many who have subsequently earned renowned professional careers as dance artists, teachers and choreographers throughout North America and Europe.
Mrs. Eastick has enjoyed many opportunities to share her passion for ballet. For fourteen years, she was a ballet pedagogue in the Dance Training Department at the Banff Centre for the Arts. Believing so strongly in the value of this program, she created the Maureen Eastick Dance Endowment, enabling many gifted young dancers to further their studies at that remarkable institution.
- Holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the University of Victoria
- Attained Life Member status with the Royal Academy of Dance
- Guest teacher throughout Canada and adjudicator at local and provincial festivals.
- Awarded the Dance Victoria Chrystal Award in recognition of a lifetime of contributing to the dance community
Junior & Elementary Contemporary and Conditioning
Dyana is a choreographer, instructor, and the Executive/Artistic Director of the Victoria-based dance company Broken Rhythms Victoria Society. She is a staple in the Victoria dance community and is a popular guest instructor at many studios across Canada. She has been recognized for her choreography, community work and artistic direction with five Pick of the Fringe awards, nominations for the inaugural Pro Arts Regional award, and finalist for Monday Magazine’s Best Dance company.
- Awarded the LOLA Project International, working with Gabi Beier from Berlin, Germany
- Presented with the title of B.C Cultural ambassador for 2019/2020 due to her work with community engagement and recognition of artistic excellence
- Completed first year Masters (Sociology) program at University of Victoria with a focus on performance to explore movement and bodies through the lens of gender, race, history, and contemporary works (2020-2021).